Hello! Welcome to my world :)
I am Sameer, 1st year Ph.D. student at Rio Yokota Lab in Tokyo Insitute of Technology. My current research interests are High Performance Computing, Distributed Linear Algebra and Low Rank Approximation. In particular I am interested in better understanding and analysis of parallel programs of MPI+X programming paradigms and run-time based execution systems for linear algebra kernels using low rank approximation.
I think this is an important problem to solve since gaining analytical insights into program behaviour of memory-bound kernels using low rank approximation can allow us to better design future exascale systems and run these algorithms more efficiently on current systems. I execute most of my experiments on the Japanese ABCI and TSUBAME supercomputers.
I have been an avid contributor to open source libraries since the past few years. I am currently contributing to PyTorch, and in the past have led and maintained several scientific computing libraries such as nmatrix, daru, rubex and rubyplot for the Ruby Programming Language as part of the Ruby Science Foundation, a FOSS organization dedicated to promoting and maintaining scientific computing infrastructure for Ruby. I have also mentored several students as part of Google Summer of Code and love writing technical blogs like this one.
In my spare time I love to read books, go on hikes, learn Japanese or hang out with friends.
Talks and presentations
- Ferrari Driven Development: superfast Ruby with Rubex - Ruby Kaigi, Sendai, Japan.
- Ferrari Driven Development: superfast Ruby with Rubex - Balkan Ruby Conference, Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Introducing Rubex - Ruby Conf India, Kochi, India.
- C how to supercharge Ruby with Rubex - Ruby Kaigi, Hiroshima, Japan.
- Scientific Computing in Ruby - Red Dot Ruby Conference (Singapore).
- Data Analysis in Ruby - Ruby Kaigi, Kyoto, Japan.
- Scientific Computing in Ruby - Matsue, Shimane, Japan.
- See data clearly with daru - Deccan Ruby Conference, Pune, India.
Current development setup
- Editor: emacs.
- Operating System: Ubuntu 18.04.
- Monitor: EIZO FlexScan 27 EV2750-WT.
- Keyboard: Ergodox EZ Shine.
- Laptop: Asus K401U.
- Headphones: Audio-technica ATH-M40x.